Obviously ladies we all want to stay looking good and feeling great for a hen weekend. But all of that hard partying and having a good time can have a negative impact on your skin and let’s face it, a breakout and a dull face is absolutely the last thing that you want. Especially for those hen weekend snaps! So here at the Hen Fairy, we have created a guide for staying fresh and flawless throughout the ups and downs of your hen celebrations!
Not enough sleep is the main factor for feeling run down and looking exhausted, so having a bit more shut eye truly is the best way to revitalise you. Therefore, we suggest having a few early nights before your hen weekend and also having plenty of sleep during it. You and the girls don’t want to feel burnt out on your time away so don’t forget that sleep is very important!
It may sound obvious, but protecting yourself from the sun is essential. It is first going to protect you from being burnt which obviously won’t look good on your photos and prevent you from aging. Another way to protect yourself from the rare British sun is to wear sunglasses. Sunglasses provide protection of the under eye area which is comprised of the thinnest skin and where most signs of aging are.
Skin Care Regime
The three steps to beautiful skin are to cleanse, tone and moisturise. Now, you might be thinking whether I really need to do all three, but these steps are truly vital in keeping your skin balanced and happy. I found that even a week of doing these steps, improved my skin drastically, so it’s not too late to start before the hen weekend!
- First soak your face with warm water, ensuring it isn’t too hot as this could damage your skin.
- Next, massage a cleanser using a circular motion into your skin, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Soak a cotton pad with a facial toner and pat the toner across your entire face.
- Moisturise your face with the tips of your fingers and gently massage it into your skin.
We all want gorgeous smooth and silky celebrity hair, so here are some hair hacks to make your locks perfect during your hen weekend!
- Use a satin pillow to prevent your hair frizzing.
- Spray your bobby pins with hairspray for a stronger hold for the glam updo.
- If you have curly hair, don’t bother shampooing, just condition for the perfect curls.
- Condition your hair with mayonnaise to make it ultra silky.
- Do an overnight coconut oil hair mask treatment before you go.
- Dry shampoo the night before to prevent your hair getting greasy.
- Dry your hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel to prevent frizz
- Fight frizz by sleeping with a beanie when your hair is wet.
Staying fresh whilst having gleaming and glowing skin is vital for your hen weekend. With your diet having a lot to do with your skin’s health, it is really important to eat well! So here are some super foods that will prevent your skin from dulling during your celebrations!
- Avocados are filled with antioxidants such as lutein and beta carotene, which will help keep your skin soft and supple.
- Kale improves the appearance of your skin by keeping it fresh and alive.
- Kiwi is a natural skin moisturizer and rejuvenator so it will aid in keeping your skin revitalised.
- Dark chocolate reduces roughness in the skin and also provides sun protection.