This is for all you Mary Berry fans out there!
The Great British Bake off was one of the most watched programs this year, so it is not a surprise that our own version has been a huge success. But of course, our Bake Off has a few additional twists!
On arrival, you will be greeted with a glass of Prosecco and a team of fantastic chefs. In teams you will have the chance to create either two bakes or cakes, whilst learning the tricks of the trade. While your bakes are cooling there will be a delicious lunch waiting for you, where, may I add, the wine, beer and soft drinks are unlimited! (Now that’s a word we like to hear). Once cooled, you will have time to decorate your cakes and add those final touches, which can make all the difference.
Finally, the moment you all would have been waiting for, top baker is announced and medals are handed out. But don’t worry, top baker or not, you will still all leave with the delicious cake! This is the perfect way to spend your afternoon and is perfect for the bake off lovers! It combines Britain’s most loved TV show with all your favourite friends at your hen party! So why not have a hen party good enough to impress Mary Berry herself.
Brighton ‘Bake Off’ Menu
Chocolate Fondant with Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream
Soft Meringue Roulade with Mixed Berries & Chantilly Cream (G.F)
Génoise Sponge Cake with Blueberry Compôte and Vanilla Cream
Lemon, Mixed Berry or Chocolate Italian Meringue Macarons (G.F)
Profiteroles filled with Crème Pâtisserie & covered in Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate Nemesis Torte with Berry Coulis (G.F)
Biscuits: Sablé, Tuile, Madeleine
The idea is for your group to choose the same two bakes. We’ll have you in teams making and decorating your cakes. Once the bakes are in the oven you can relax for an hour or so over lunch in our private dining room whilst the cakes bake and cool. Once lunch is over, back to the workshop to decorate the cakes and let the judging begin! A prize for the winning team and lots of beautiful cake for everyone else!
‘Brighton Bake Off’ Cookery Session
This is a typical layout of our ‘Bake Off’ Session, although we can be flexible on the start/finish time for your event. Many thanks for your enquiry at Brighton Cookery School, we run two sessions at our air conditioned kitchen, a morning session typically starts from 10a.m until 3p.m and an evening session from 5p.m until 10p.m.
- 10a.m – On arrival you will be greeted with a glass of Prosecco and continental breakfast (selection of pastries, fruit skewers, juices, tea and coffee)
- 10.30a.m – Health and safety briefing and preparation for the cookery session.
- 11.00a.m – 1 hour approx. practical cookery session preparing your 2 bakes/cakes in teams. You’ll get to know all the tricks of the trade!
- 12.00p.m – Group sit down to enjoy lunch in our private dining room whilst your cakes/bakes cook and cool. Please note you will have unlimited wine, beer and soft drinks throughout the practical and during your lunch.
- 1.30p.m – Back to the workshop to decorate your bakes/cakes, then the judging will take place, the winning team are awarded the ‘Top Baker’ winners medal and the loosing team the dreaded ‘wooden spoon’! But you all get cake!
- 3pm – You’ll get to take your cakes and bakes home with you and we’ll email you recipe and method cards so you can show off your new culinary skills to your family and friends.
The evening event runs in the same format but with a selection of homemade canapés on arrival.
We can incorporate specific dietary requirements into our event programme. Or if you have a specific type of cake or bake you would like to ‘cook, learn, eat’ then drop us a line and we’d be happy to create a bespoke menu for you.
If you want to make this a party to remember we now offer personalised aprons for you to take home – our logo and your names or party name embroidered on. £20 p/apron – minimum of 10.
- Prosecco on arrival with a selection of pastries or canapes depending on your start time.
- Exclusivity of our chefs, workshop & dining room.
- Lunch or dinner with free flowing drinks!
- Take home all the cakes/bakes you’ve created.
- Unlimited wines, beers and soft drinks throughout the practical cookery event and meal.
- Length of activity: The cookery lesson will last approximately 2 & 1⁄2 hours, the activity will take approximately 4 hours.
- Venue: Included
- ID required: Yes
- Dress code: Comfortable, casual clothing